Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oh my aching back!

I FINALLY got a backing for my over sized queen Christmas quilt! Kohl's had sheets on sale for $12.99 so I set out this morning with intentions on finding something suitable for a backing. I was going to get red because they had a nice Christmasy red sheet set that would go well. However, when I saw this print I thought it would go even better. See how it matches the white print I used in the top? (backing on the bottom and the top is folded)


200 or so pins later, I had this:



I also gained an aching back, sore knees and finger tips. I think this quilt will be well worth it all, though. 


I plan to start quilting Monday. I'm not sure how long it will take me. I'm going to stipple it without going over the red stars. I can't wait to get it finished!

2 comments:

  1. The back looks great with the top. Good pick. I hate pin basting. I bought some spray basting at JoAnns and I have tried it on a wall hanging. Very interesting stuff. Good luck with quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great, can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.