Monday, October 18, 2010

Beauty and The Beast


I bought this table top ironing board at a yard sale over the weekend for $1. As you can see, the cover is a bit sad. It is dirty and a weird fabric and a not so pretty blue. Being the frugal lady I am I didn't want to buy a new cover. I found this tutorial and went to work!

So, here is the beast:

And, here is the beauty:

The tutorial was wonderfully simple and I was able to do this very quickly! It was so fast and easy I decided to recover my main board also.


 The beast:



The beauty:


I'm not procrastinating on finishing my Christmas quilt I have been posting about. I just have not found a backing for it yet. I do not like to buy things full price and haven't been able to find a sheet marked down anywhere big enough for it. I found a nice red sheet at Target but it was a full and I need a queen size. Oh well, good things come to those who wait.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! What a nice fresh clean look. Well, my large board looks almost as beastie as yours did! LOL

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.