Monday, June 28, 2010

Money Monday

I'd like to introduce you to another of my hobbies. Couponing! I'm an extreme couponer, which means I use coupons 95% of the time I buy something (food, clothes, restaurants, anything) and I stockpile groceries and beauty/health items when I can get them free or 80% or more off retail.

This Money Monday series will be a review of all got over the weekend with coupons and how much money I saved. If you would like to do what I do, I suggest you join the coupon forum community We Use Coupons. You'll find me there using the username apsufan82. Now, down to business!


Everything in this picture has a retail value of $135.52. Can you guess how much I paid for it? Allow me to give you a layout of my purchases. I visited three different stores.
Kroger
2 bags Lay's Chips
1 bag Cheetos Puffs
6 Ronzoni Smart Taste Angel Hair pasta boxes
Kroger milk 1/2 gallon
3 cans Roserita Refried Beans
2 bags Mahatma Rice Mixes
2 Nivea Bodywash
2 Sun Detergent
MinuteMaid Lemonade
Healthy Life loaf Bread
10 Banquet Frozen Dinners
2 bags dry Pinto Beans
Retail Price: $63.31
Coupons: -$19.40
Doubled Coupons: -$4.95
Kroger Plus Card: -$19.04
Price to me: $19.92
Food Lion
Scott Paper Towels 8ct.
3 bags Doritos
Snyder's bag Pretzels
Food Lion brand chunk cheddar cheese
Scott TP 8ct.
Food Lion Angle Hair pasta
Store brand Vitamins
2 cans San Marco Refried beans
2 packs Food Lion peanut butter crackers8ct
El Paso Taco Shells 18ct
Retail Price: $57.64
Coupons: -$29.89
MVP Card: -$10.16
Price I paid: $17.59
Rite Aid
Crystal Lake store brand 24pk bottled water
2 Finish Quantumatic Dishwasher Kits
Retail Price: $14.57
Coupons: -$14.00
Price I paid: $1.23 (tax + .57)
The final cost of everything in the picture to me was $38.73! Wow!
My husband and I also had fun going to Hardee's and enjoying two little thickburger cheeseburgers, two orders of fries, and two drinks for $5.35. We also enjoyed a free fountain drink after all of that shopping from a local gas station that had put a coupon in the paper for the free fountain drink of any size.
If you have any questions about anything please leave me a comment and I will answer as soon as I see it! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. that's great..i can't go from store to store, i like one stop shopping...i guess the savings is worth the running around

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.