Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yard Sale Finds

Last weekend I found a few good things at a yard sale. It is always fun to stop at a yard sale because you never know what you will find. Sometimes it is just a bunch of junk and sometimes it is nice stuff but way overpriced. Eventually (ever couple of weeks) you will run up on a really good sale and they will have nice stuff priced cheap. That's what happened to me last weekend! (Insert squeal of excitement)





I got two pairs of Gap jeans for $1 each. There is not one stain or rip on these jeans! I was so excited. It is hard to find my size at yard sales because I have to have short or petite sizes. I'm considering making one of these jeans into a skirt. I'm not sure yet.

I also got a shirt for $1 and a pair of curtain valances that looked excellent for the guest bedroom. They were $1 for both. I was thrilled to find the curtains because I have been wanting some new ones in that bedroom. The curtains we had were from the people who lived in our home before we bought it. They just were not me at all.


Here is a before picture(the only one I could find; it is from right after we moved in):


And here are the new-to-me curtains:


I left the muted gold roman shades up so I/guest could pull those down for privacy. I love the change because it opens that room up so much. Those other curtains were just too much. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.