Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christmas Tree Skirt

I finished my tree skirt today! I was worried about the amount of dark fabrics compared to light and the high pattern content but it turned out great, don't you think? I'm excited to use it this Christmas under our green tree. I plan to make another one for our white tree that is more modern.


I got a quilting idea from one of the blogs I read. I quilted it free motion style with stars and loops. It wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated and I am pleased with the result.


It has little ties in the back to secure it around the tree.




Quilting this skirt wasn't without incident, unfortunately. I broke my needle because I sewed over one of the safety pins by mistake. I'm glad I wear glasses because that thing popped right in my face and could have taken out my eye! It went better after I replaced that needle and began again.


This project definitely got me in the Christmas mood already!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great......I love it and glad you wear glasses as well.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.