Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reading Material

I went to my local library yesterday and got a library card! I haven't had one since I was a little girl when my Granny took me and I read about every book in the children's section. Since we moved into our first home last year I have wanted a library card. The library was pretty close to the house would be convenient for me to stop by from time to time. So, I finally did it!


Well, I was a little bit disappointed in the quantity and age of the books they had. It is a very small library. I did manage to find some quilting books. The book at the top is called Aurora and is kind of a biography about a woman living in the 1800's who quilted. It has lots of nice color pictures to go with the story.

The next book is called The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt. It has lots of black/white photos of various quilts along with a little history about quilts.

I picked up Country Fabric Scrap Crafts because I have a lot of scraps that happen to look country! Lots of cute ideas in there for every season.

Then we have The Complete Book of machine Quilting. This book was written in 1980 when machine quilting was just getting popular. Did you know that there was no foot for your machine to quilt then? People just either used the presser foot to do straight lines or took it off and used no foot to do free motion quilting! I would have sewed my hand to every quilt I made!

I've been making Christmas presents still and, of course, reading these books. I think I'm going to start on a new project today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.