Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Scrap Disappearing Nine Patch

I finished the disappearing nine patch quilt made entirely from my scrap bin I have been telling you about! It didn't take me long to quilt it, but I had a little trouble with the binding because I made it smaller than I normally do.

I debated and debated over if I should put a border on this quilt. You can see I decided not to include one. I didn't want it to take away from the scrappy scattered pattern of the blocks. I am so happy with the end result. Taking it out of the dryer, I was pleased with how well the fabric wrinkled and got the comfy look to it.

The back is a vintage sheet. I like how the browns of the flowers go well with the pieced top. Again, I am thrilled with my final product! It is exactly what I hoped for!

This is the quilt's final resting place. It is waiting for someone to get a chill and need a little snuggly!

I'm going to work on a few Christmas present projects before I get started on my next quilt. I plan to make a Christmas quilt in a week or two.


  1. That is such a great looking quilt. You have inspired me to do that pattern. Thank you for sharing it with us.

  2. Thanks so much ya'll! It really is a great pattern. I see it many times over in my future!

  3. this is very nice ! thanks for sharing and inspiring !


I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.