Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pot Holders & A Work in Progress






I have been sewing like crazy the past couple of days. I've been working on various Christmas gifts and a few things for myself. When I went upstairs the other day to look for some fabric for said projects, I found this:
I had to snap a picture! Cricket is his name and he turned 17 this year.


I needed some new potholders so I found a tutorial and made these:



You can find the oven mitt tutorial I used here. I really liked the shape of the mitt and went through dozens of potholder tutorials to find this one. There is also a fingertip mitt but I didn't make one of those. I didn't think I would use it very much.


The potholder pattern I made up. It is just two 9 inch fabric squares, 3 layers of batting, binding and a loop.




I've got plenty of sewing left to do before the holidays! I'm working on these blocks and will post about what I made from them soon!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about Christmas too! You're way ahead of me though because I'm strictly in the thinking stage. These all look great and will make some fantastic gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, its Angie. Aww..cricket is a cutie! I absolutely love the pot holders! :)

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.